Friday, August 03, 2007

Day 16 Part One: Watching Weather in Evanston, WY

I got off to my earliest start of the trip today. I was in the air by around 8:00 for the trip over to Salt Lake City. I climbed up to 10500 and headed west. My route of flight was along I-80. For the first half of the flight there were clouds above and occasionally below. As I passed Rock Springs, the weather began to detoriate and I was soon cruising at 8500 feet, which is only 1500 to 2000 feet above I-80. Then, as I passed Evanston, right on the Utah state line, I hit some solid precipitation. Visibility declined significantly and I decided to set down here. That was about two hours ago. Conditions here are much better now, but the radar map shows some activity in the Salt Lake City area. I'm standing by to see if it improves.

I'm hoping to make it to SLC to meet up with a friend. If the weather doesn't cooperate, I guess I will be spending the night here in Evanston and then heading home to Palo Alto in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com