Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Quiet Week

I've been nibbling away at a few different things over the last week:

  1. It looks like N96934 is close to flight. The plane has had very limited use during 2006. Hopefully it will return to service and start racking up hours.
  2. I have been scrounging for free sectional charts for the route. Sectionals are valid for a six-month period. If I buy current charts now, they will be expired before the trip. I think I have found some generous individuals with expired charts they can send me.
  3. I've been playing with my GPS mapping software to come up with a driving route to use as a baseline for the flight. I've also played around with flight planning software, looking at possible airports of call along the way.
  4. I think it will be possible to make this a fundraising flight, but I am still trying to get a more authoritative answer.
  5. It's not exactly part of my trip, but I'm thinking of getting my commercial airplane rating before I go. It's a great way hone all the critical maneuvering skills a pilot needs.
Once I have a tentative route planned, I am going to start flying it in MSFT Flight Simulator, just because I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com